- 2-1/4 c whipping cream
- 1-1/4 c creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 cup (about 15) bite-size chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 purchased chocolate cookie crumb pie shell
- 6 chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, halved (I prefer Reese’s but if you are really strapped on cash store brand works)
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the cream, the peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups cream and the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold peanut butter mixture into whipped cream. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Top with halved peanut butter cups. Freeze about 3 hours or until nearly firm.
Makes 12 servings