Supplies You Will Need:
- Card stock (red, white and blue)
- Star Punch or Star Stickers
- Glue Sticks
- Festive Ribbon (optional)
- Fold your card stock in half lengthwise (otherwise known to some as the hot dog style). Take your ruler and draw lines from the fold, leaving an inch from the end of your line and the edge. Leave about 3/4″ on each side.
- Cut on the line, stopping when the line ends, not through to the edge.
- Unfold your paper and then with the folded bumps on the outside, turn inward and attach at the top and bottom. Then staple both the top and bottom a couple of times.
- Now you have a paper lantern to decorate! Take the star punch and punch out stars with the extra card stock (in blue, red, white and silver). Use the stars made from card stock (or the stickers) and decorate the outside of the lantern by gluing the stars to the lanterns. Add a festive ribbon on the top and bottom with a stapler and attach a 1″ strip of card stock for the handle.