Personalize a store-bought candle for an inexpensive Christmas gift! Simply wrap cardstock around the candleholder, and embellish it with a die-cut accent and letter.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- candle (with or without jar/holder)
- candle jar/holder
- die-cut accent
- die-cut letter
- ribbon (at least 2″ width) or card stock strips
- hot glue gun with clear glue
- First warm up the hot glue gun, then remove the labels around the candle (if their is one). Soak the jar in hot water to remove the label.
- Peel off the label and wipe any residue off. Dry the jar.
- Measure the ribbon and cut to size, ensure a 1/4″ of ribbon overlaps.
- Take the hot glue gun and apply a thin strip of glue on one end of the ribbon.
- Wrap the ribbon around the candle and apply another thin strip of glue on the other end of the ribbon. Secure the other end over the end you applied to the candle. Allow to dry 1-2 minutes.
- Hide the seam by applying a die-cut accent/shape to the seam with the hot glue gun. Allow to dry.
- Apply the die-cut letter on top of the accent.
- Allow to dry and repeat for each person you want to give a present too!